VARSITY AND JUNIOR VARSITY SPRING TENNIS INFORMATION
HOW TO SIGN UP FOR THE TEAM:
FINAL FORMS is now how you sign up for a sport, there's a link on our home page. Once on Forms, you have three tasks that need completing...
- Upload a Valid Physical
- Sign Forms
- Pay insurance
VARSITY TRYOUT INFORMATION:
- If you want to tryout for varsity, you need to CLICK HERE so I can include you in the challenge schedule.
- The purpose of Week 1 is to determine which 14 girls will play on the varsity team. Most girls will know what team they are on after day 2 or 3. All players should know by Friday.
- Challenge match results are the main factor used to determine who makes the varsity team, but ultimately the coach decides which players give us the greatest chance to win a Conference and Regional title, and compete at the State Finals. Almost all players will tryout as doubles players.
- The purpose of the second week is to create a lineup to compete at the Panther Invitational.
Varsity Tryout Schedule: (once we have teams separated, practices will end at 5pm)
Monday, March 14 3-6 PM at High School North Courts (or 5-7AM if weather is poor)
Tuesday, March 15 3-6 PM at High School North Courts (or 5-7AM if weather is poor)
Wednesday, March 16 3-6 PM at High School North Courts (or 5-7AM if weather is poor)
Thursday, March 17 3-6 PM at High School North Courts (or 5-7AM if weather is poor)
Friday, March 18 3-6 PM at High School North Courts (or 5-7AM if weather is poor)
JUNIOR VARSITY INFORMATION:
- Tennis is a no-cut sport...everyone will get to participate, and all players will play in several matches.
- The Junior Varsity team will be divided into two practice groups...
- One group will be comprised of girls whose goal is to work towards varsity. These girls will head to the weight room once or twice a week to lift with Coach Andy Blake, just like the varsity girls will. These girls will be put through rigorous drills during practice to teach them the footwork patterns, strokes, and strategy needed to win at a varsity level. Anyone may choose to be in this group, but to remain there, you must work hard. But don't worry, if you know Coach Gaul, then you know we'll still have a TON of fun along the way!
- Another group will be comprised of girls who love tennis, but play for fun, and not to become a varsity athlete. This group's practice plan will be more game oriented.
- We are ONE TEAM when it comes to matches. Everyone will compete in matches, and anyone can play the top spots on the JV team...no matter which group you practice with!
Junior Varsity Practice for Week 1:
Monday, March 14 3-5 PM at High School North Courts
Tuesday, March 15 3-5 PM at High School North Courts
Wednesday, March 16 3-5 PM at High School North Courts
Thursday, March 17 3-5 PM at High School North Courts
Friday, March 18 3-5 PM at High School North Courts