If you will be trying out for Varsity, then CLICK HERE for more details. If you are not trying out for varsity, then you will play on the Junior Varsity team, regardless of whether you are in 9-12th grade. If you want to try out for Varsity but aren't contacted by March 6th, email Coach Schwallier at email@example.com
Here's important information about the JV team:
- Monday March 17th we will have a team meeting from 3:00 - 4:00 pm regardless of weather. If weather is bad we will meet in Coach Schwallier's classroom # in the North Building. If weather is good we will meet on the north tennis courts.
- Outdoor Practice begins Monday, March 17th or the first day that the weather makes it possible to play outside (>40 degrees and dry courts) at the High School North Courts.
- Indoor Practice begins Tuesday March 18th 3:15 - 4:30 pm at MVP Athletic Club's indoor tennis courts if weather is below 40 degrees or if courts are wet.
- Practice goes from 3:00-5:00 pm Monday-Friday during the season that there is no match.
- For home matches meet after school at the north courts. For away matches, meet at the athletic entrance for the bus.
- You are expected to have a racket and athletic apparel that is warm enough for the weather, because the Spring time is often cold. You must have tennis specific shoes or the courts will become marked. Bring a water bottle to practice.
I will give you more information as the season begins, but this should give you a good start. If you have questions, please send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks Coach Matt Gahan