Here's the notes from today's meeting:
Checklist of things you need to do ASAP(you can't participate without these things):
1. Sign up for the team by clicking the button on the top of the homepage.
2. Get your Panther Card from the office. Here's how you do that:
Step 1: Go to office sometime between 9am and 4pm.
Step 2: Verify with Mrs. Dykema that you have your physical on file or bring it with you.
Step 3: Bring $45 for insurance (if a check, write it out to West Ottawa Athletics).
Step 4: Ask Mrs. Dykema to verify your grades.
Step 5: Leave with your Panther Card.
Places to find information:
1. Start of Season Info
2. Varsity Calendar/Schedule
3. JV Girls Tennis Info: Go to "GIRLS JV" tab (above), then click on "Start of Season Info"
Will we practice INDOORS at MVP or OUTDOORS at the HS North for the first couple weeks?: This is the question I get most each year in the Spring. The only true answer I can give you is this: Be prepared for either, check your email and wotennis.com daily for the first couple weeks to know where we will be:) Here are the guidelines I use to make the decision each day:
- If it's likely to be wet/snowy, we will be at MVP.
- If about 42 degrees OR MORE and decent conditions, I'll likely decide to go outside. If less, inside.
- If it's super windy and/or cloudy, I might decide we have to bump the temp up a couple more degrees before going outside. If it's a calm sunny day, then I might say we will go outside at 41 degrees. (I'm just saying this to show that it's not always a clear cut decision, I have to use my judgement, so be watching for emails/website posts daily.)