Time: 6:30 PM
Location: High School South Cafeteria
Who's Invited: All JV and Varsity players and parents. Siblings occasionally attend, and they are always welcome. Judging by the great turnout for the preseason meeting, I'm expecting a high turnout (which we generally have anyway).
What to Bring: Uniform, washed, in a bag, with your name on it (Varsity, you bought the black top, so that belongs to you)
Food Assignments: Each family will be responsible for bringing something. Assignments will come very, very soon.
What happens at the banquet:
1. Eat and enjoy each other's company.
2. Coach Dozeman recaps the JV season and gives out letters/awards (this is fun).
3. I recap the Varsity season and give out letters/awards (this is very fun).
4. I outline the off-season plan for player improvement (this is very important).
5. People hug, say thank-you's, and when we leave, the next season has unofficially begun!
Parents with Middle-School Children: This is a busy time of year, and every date presented some conflict. The 29th is the day of Middle-School Conferences. I apologize for this being the same night. The middle school also runs conferences this Thursday. If at all possible, go to conferences Thursday, so I can see you at the banquet. The players, coaches, and you parents all work so hard all season long for the team to be successful. This evening is our way to come together and say "wow, look at what we did together!"
Thanks again and I'll see you soon,
(Coming soon to the website: "How to maximize your off-season improvement").