On Monday we will hold a brief tennis meeting after school for all high school girls tennis players. Below are the details and the purpose of the meeting:
Where: North A229 (Mr. Schwallier's Classroom)
Date: Monday, March 7
Time: After school till 3:30pm
What is the purpose of the meeting:
- Give athletes the game plan if the courts are playable on March 14.
- Give athletes the game plan if the courts are not playable on March 14.
- Allow players to try on the new Varsity Warmups to get a feel for what sizes I may need to be ordering for the Spring...woo hoo!!!
- Explain what the tryout process will look like (both for determining who is on varsity, but also for determining the initial positions of the JV team).
- Let players know whether or not their physical is on file.
- Players get a chance to meet the coaching staff.
- Players get a chance to ask questions.
- Up until a week ago, it looked like we would have to share the high school courts with the middle school teams due to construction. This is no longer the case. The Varsity will have full use of the South Courts, and the Junior Varsity will have the full use of the North courts as we usually do.
- The weather is supposed to be in the 50's and rainy next week. That's good news for us, because it makes it very likely that there will be NO SNOW on the courts on March 14. I believe there is at least a 50% chance we get to start out season outside, but we will see.
- Amy Karp firstname.lastname@example.org and Kim Valentine email@example.com are our Varsity Team moms. They have been around our tennis program for a long time now and are awesome/fun people. If you have questions that would be best answered by a parent, shoot them an email.
- If you have a question that is best answered by a coach, shoot me an email by replying to this message.
Ok players, we coaches will see you all on Monday after school, it should be a very fun season!