- Our A+ Coaching Staff:
Junior Varsity Head Coach: Brian Metz (1st year with the JV, 2nd year on staff)
Junior Varsity Assistant Coach: Jeff Van Fossen (1st year)
Middle School Head Coaches: Dave Richmond (3rd year) and Julia Foster (1st year)
- High School Schedules are available by clicking the Mens Varsity or Boys JV tabs.
- Tryout Information is also located in these tabs.
- Make sure your child has a physical on file.
- Keep playing as much tennis as you can. We have 25 days left to prepare, so keep pushing hard, both on the tennis courts and in the weight room.
- Continue to come out each Tuesday nights at the North Courts from 6-8 PM.
Also, we have some incredible Tournament/Matchplay things to brag about! Last summer, we made a push to get more West Ottawa tennis players involved in USTA tournaments (a new website was even formed to make it happen). This summer, we are not only competing, but winning tournaments!!! Here's a list of West Ottawa players who have either won or advanced to the finals of USTA tournaments:
- Chloe Karp - Grand Haven Open 14's Singles Champion
- Justin Anair - Grand Haven Open 18's Doubles Champion
- Mark VanderStoep - Meijer State Games 18's Singles Finalist
- Kayla Lebster - Meijer State Games 14's Singles Finalist
- Sam Duckworth - Grand Haven Open 18's Doubles Champion
- Chloe Karp - Hope College Junior Open 14's Singles Champion
- Halle Pratt - Hope College Junior Open 12's Singles Champion
- Casey Foster - Hope College Junior Open 18'sDoubles Champion
- Susan Fender - Hope College Junior Open 18's Doubles Champion
- Jolene Soriano - Coast Guard Open 14's Singles Finalist
- Casey Foster - Coast Guard Open 18's Doubles Champion
- Lauren Valentine - Coast Guard Open 18's Doubles Champion
- Finally, Tyler Zoerhof, Jolene Soriano, and Michael Hoffman won districts as a team for Junior Team Tennis, and are headed to Indianapolis for the Midwest Finals.
Congrats to all of our players doing awesome things this summer!