Nick Schnobel, at 1st Singles
Mark VanderStoep, at 2nd Singles, and
Spencer Panse and Sam Duckworth at 3rd Doubles
Most important to focus on was our 5-3 result against Grandville. This is a good start, but it is only a start, and it shows they are very competitive. Grandville again proved that they can go toe-to-toe with us at every flight. To win the OK-Red and the Regional, we must face them in the duel, at the Conference Tournament, and at the Regional Finals. They will be ready every time, so we need to keep improving.
The following are a few of the thank you's that need to be given:
1. Paula Maas - Thanks for the Jimmie John's lunch, it was just what we needed!
2. Scott Anair - Thanks for helping drive the boys up to Traverse City, as well as for teaching your son how to play euchre. (Other parents, most of you are slacking in this department, as virtually none of the kids know how to play)
3. Scott VanderStoep - Thank you for buying the whole team pizza on the way home. It was awesome!
4. Coach Metz - Thanks for your time and positivity with all of the kids. You are doing a great job.
5. All Parents who made the trip - It always amazes me how many of you get up to support the boys, even when we travel far. It really is part of the reason our boys program continually succeeds. You are such a valuable part of what we are all doing!
6. Captains - Mark and Nick, you were both a terrific example to the team of how to bring it from start to finish each match. What great role models.
7. Joe - You have earned your promotion from "Assistant to the Captains" to "Assistant Captain" this weekend. The job you did keeping the energy of the team high all day was fantastic. Well done!